Calendar & Events Menu
2012 NYS test scores come in
When Harlem RBI opened DREAM Charter School in 2008, we said that DREAM would be a fully inclusive school, where special education students learned in the same classroom as general education students -- and we said it would work.
We also said that we would sacrifice neither physical education nor the arts for academic excellence. We said that we would educate the whole child, and still promise high academic achievement. We are very proud to announce that our New York State test results for our third and fourth graders have come in, and we are thrilled with the results:
- Our fourth graders increased their proficiency in Math by 91%
- Our fourth graders increased their proficiency in English Language Arts (ELA) by 154%
- Our fourth graders made the second biggest jump (out of 90 NYC charter schools) in improvement in ELA, and sixth biggest jump in improvement in Math. That's big progress!
- Our third graders made an incredible showing in their first year of testing, outperforming last year's third grade cohort by double digits.
- In both English and Math, DREAM fourth graders outperformed the school district average and the New York City average.